Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tex-Mex food vs Authentic Mexican Cuisine: A Classic Battle

I hear this asked all the time: why is there such a difference between what many call "Tex-Mex" cuisine and authentic Mexican food?  While I'm sure the reasons are many, my opinion is that, aside from cost reasons, restaurant owners abroad find it more marketable to latch onto the bright, colorful and flashing cultural stereotypes that people identify Mexico with than it is profitable to invest promoting the real Mexican cuisine and having to educate the public to a large extent on what that even means and why they should get excited about trying it. I wrote a good article about it here your can check out:   Tex-Mex cuisine vs Authentic Mexican food - why the difference?

Media_httpcdnsheknows_sprwc

I'll speak to you again soon! -Carlos Lima

No comments:

Post a Comment